Saturday, April 23, 2011

Cross My Heart And Hope To Die

Monday, April 18, 2011
The featured artist of the week today is Marianas Trench!  Yay!  I love them so much!  They are so talented and their music is a variety of different stuff.  Some is fun, some is great for rocking out to, some is emotional and some is about really serious isssues.  They are really great!

I discovered this band last year and I fell in love with the band and their music.  The band is a group of hilarious guys, they are actually so funny!  Their music is written by the band and the mixture of different types of music makes it enjoyable to listen to their music at any time.

The last few songs (from Alibis down) are all about really serious issues that the lead singer of the band (Josh Ramsay) had to deal with when he was a teenager.  Some are about his bulimia, an eating disorder where you throw up everything you eat (e.g. Alibis, Feeling Small, Skin and Bones) and some are about his addiction to heroin, a very addictive drug (e.g. Lover Dearest, Primetime, Push).  I find it really inspiring that Josh would write about these things, because it shows us what it's like and that people can overcome it, just like he did after he went to rehab.

I suggest that you look up some videos on Youtube of the band in concert because some of them are really funny, like the ones where Josh is telling stories and saying funny things.  This can entertain you for an entire afternoon; trust me, I've done it.

Enjoy your stress-free life!
Peace and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment