Thursday, March 24, 2011

Hey There Delilah

Thursday, March 24, 2011
So.....as you have probably noticed, I haven't posted anything in a while.  Well, now I will.  So, not much has been going on lately except for the fact that I have lots and lots of homework.
That is one thing that keeps me very busy.  I also have to balance that with my social life and synchronized swimming, which is a sport that I do.  I love synchro so much, it is the most amazing, beautiful and difficult sport in the world.  There are so many different elements involved in this sport that you need to think about at all times, which is a lot for your brain and it is extremely physically exhausting.  It is amazing to watch, though, but almost nobody has ever heard of it, so it is extremely underrated.
Here are some videos to show you what it is...This first one is a slower routine, with some solos in it but it is absolutely amazing!  There are some other different style routines here, I hope you enjoy watching them!




So, in case you haven't already figured it out from watching these videos, synchronized swimming is an extremely challenging and difficult sport to do.

I swim very often, most days of the week, and on my Sundays, I spend 7 hours (almost my entire day) at the pool for swimming team, duet and for coaching.  I would never in a million years quit, though, because it is the most amazing sport ever and it makes me feel great doing it!

Because I have to balance all of that, and my social life and keeping my above 90 average (I am hoping to win the Top French Immersion Student award at my school, which means I need to have the highest average of all the French Immersion Students), this causes me to be very stressed out.  I recently read a book about how to stay stress-free, and it said that it would help to write in a journal or blog to talk about your thoughts so that's what I will do from now on.  It's not like anyone will likely read this anyways, it's just a way for me to release all of my thoughts.

So, I hope you enjoyed today's post and my videos, enjoy your own stress-free life and have a great day! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment